Torsion Mobile is dedicated to producing compelling and exciting mobile solutions that solve real problems. We provide the best people with the tools and environment they need to produce the best possible results — and to stretch their skills to overcome challenges where others have failed.
Challenging PHP Developer Opportunities
As a developer at Torsion Mobile, you will help design, develop and implement new web-based solutions for our leading client – one of the world’s leading collector car auctioneers. We need experienced PHP developers who can tackle the challenges of building realtime systems which support live auction events and the flow of millions of dollars of business. We would need candidates who have some experience with an object-oriented PHP MVC framework. Experience with jQuery or backbone.js would be pretty cool.
Why should you work at Torsion Mobile?
- We are a distributed team – We work remotely so you can live where you want
- We have a passion for building things (in this case a cool solution for a great client)
- We don’t care what time you work on tasks as long as the tasks get completed
- The work is challenging, requires precision, excellence and leaves little or no room for mistakes
- Your work will be seen by millions
- If you like cars, this is your playground
- We’re just some pretty smart guys who build cool stuff
- If you are local to Des Moines, we are located in the Midland Building – the IT entrepreneurial center of Central Iowa
Skills & Requirements
We’d like candidates to have some experience with the following:
- Object-Oriented PHP (Phalcon, Laravel or Kohana)
- MVC Framework Experience
- Know and understand test-driven development and why it matters
- Amazon Web Services
- Bonus: Native mobile application development
You need to be able to work in a distributed environment – we’re a virtual team – so that means you have to be comfortable with using communication tools to interact with your teammates.
We practice agile software development with SCRUM.
We use JIRA, Bitbucket and Bamboo.
This is a Contract opportunity. Remote applicants must be located in North America. You must be a US Citizen or have a Green Card. No H1B sponsorship is offered. Direct inquiries only – no recruiters.
Or send resume and some work samples to email@example.com